When you’re busy living active, a cute hairstyle can sometimes be the last thing on your to-do list. Well you can look and feel great while working out!
1. Gather your hair into a high ponytail
2. Texturize your pony a bit so your hair gets a little body
3. Separate your pony into two loose sections
4. Begin a fishtail braid: Pull a skinny strand of hair from the outside of the left section. Cross the skinny strand over from the outside of the left to add to the right section of hair. Once you add the skinny strand to the right hair section, pull tight. Repeat the same motions with a skinny strand from the outside of the right section to join the left section and pull tight. Continue alternating sides until you start to see an “X” shape
5. Tie off the fishtail braid with a small rubber band
6. Loosen up the fishtail braid a bit to add volume
7. There you have it, the super simple but gorgeous Fishtail Pony!
When I was living in LA, I was visiting my friends of the he Braid Bar in WeHo very often to get my hair done. I really loved their super cute fishtail pony. This style is a great go-to that can be done many different ways. All you need are some bobby pins, rubber bands and the willingness to try something new, good luck!